SIMPLE PAST WORKSHOP


-->
SIMPLE PAST WORKSHOP
NINTH GRADE

Form of Simple Past

Positive
Negative
Question
Irregular verbs

Regular verbs
I spoke.

I placed.
I did not speak.

I did not play.
Did I speak?

Did I play?

1- Order the next sentences,  they are in affirmative mode


1.    you / a question / ask     ____________________________________
2.    the dog / bark            ______________________________________ 
3.    they / us / call            ______________________________________
4.    we / a mountain / climb  ____________________________________
5.    John / stamps / collect   ____________________________________
6.    he / the question / answer       he answered the question
7.    we / in London / live       ____________________________________
8.    I / hungry / be                 _____________________________________
9.    they / a hamster / have  ____________________________________
10. he / to school / go          ______________________________________

2- Rewrite these sentences into simple past
1.    They collected postcards. → They did not collect postcards_______
2.    You jumped high. →_____________________________________
3.    Albert played squash. →_________________________________
4.    The teacher tested our English. →__________________________
5.    Fiona visited her grandma. →_____________________________
6.    He washed the car. →___________________________________
7.    You were thirsty. →_____________________________________
8.    He had a computer. →__________________________________
9.    I bought bread. → ______________________________________
10. You saw the house. →___________________________________

3- Fill the correct form of the verb, they are irregular

 Infinitive                                          simple past                            past participle

Drink                                                  Drank                                                Drunk
                                                           Chose__________________________
Shake_____________________________________________________
                                                                                              ______          Written
Buy                                        _____________________________________
                                               _____Met_____________________________
                                               _____Sang____________________________
4-Put the verbs into the correct form (simple past).
1.  Last year I (spend) my holiday in Ireland.
2.  It (be) great.
3.    I (travel) around by car with two friends and we (visit) lots of interesting places.
4.    In the evenings we usually (go) to a pub.
5.    One night we even (learn) some Irish dances.
6.    We (be) very lucky with the weather.
7.    It (not / rain) a lot.
8.    But we (see) some beautiful rainbows.
9.    Where (spend / you) your last holiday?

5- Translate this short paragraph into spanish, take into account the regular and irregular verbs

When I was in the school, I was bad person, I played soccer all the day and I did not go to class, I had problems with my friends all the time and we went to watch TV in Jefferson’s house. I did not do homework and I had problems in my house with my parents all the time. It was very difficult to me.
­­­­­­­­­­­­­__________________________________
__________________________________
__________________________________
__________________________________
__________________________________
__________________________________

Entradas populares de este blog

ADVERBIOS DE FRECUENCIA

ADJETIVOS DEMOSTRATIVOS

PLURALES EN LOS SUSTANTIVOS